READERS! Here's the information you've been looking for!
Go here for rules you can download:
Here are the rules for the First Annual Cerridwen Spring Giveaway:
· The Grand Prize winner must be a United States resident (due to mailing and
custom costs, we cannot ship the grand prize out of the country).
· You must be a member of the Cerridwen Chat Yahoo group to participate in
this contest. All clues and contest information will be posted on that loop. To
subscribe, send a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· You cannot share information about the contest with other readers. All
participants should act independently.
· Every day, starting on March 1 and ending on March 15, a clue will be
posted on the Cerridwen Chat loop. This clue will lead you to a specific web site
or blog location. You must find the hidden/special word on that web site or
blog. There will be fifteen words to find, one for each day of the contest. The
word will be in a special font, something like this so it will stand out and
you should be able to see it easily. If you want to be eligible for the grand
prize, you have to find these words. Note the word and the location where you
· You also need to find a tree icon and note that location. Beginning on
March 1, look for the tree icon on the web site or blog of the participating
authors (see the author list at the end of this page). Make a note of the location
of the tree icon or blog.
· The contest ends on March 15 at 5 PM. The tree icons and the 'secret words'
will be removed from the author locations at that time.
· Assemble the words you've found into a sentence. Send the sentence and the
location of the tree icons you found in the following format in the body of an
email to GreenBookFriend@yahoo.com.
Sentence: write your sentence here
Location of Secret words:
1st word: http://www.websitename.com/website page.htm
2nd word: http://www.blogorwebname.com/date (if blog)
and so on ....
Tree Location 1: http://www.websitename.com/websitepage.htm
Tree Location 2: http://www.blogspotname.com
Tree Location 3:
and so on .....
· You will need to find 15 words and 13 trees for a total of 28 entries.
Sound like a lot? It is, but the prize is pretty big, too!
· E-mail your response by 5 PM (central standard time) on March 16. No
entries will be accepted after that time.
· The grand prize winner will be chosen from those who submit correct
· Winners will be announced on the Cerridwen Chat loop on March 20, the first
day of spring, at 5 PM (central time). Winners will also be notified by email.
· Grand Prize: A Rocket 1200 Ebook reader with 7 downloads already loaded.
Complete instructions will be provided for using the reader and for transferring
books to the reader.
THIS IS NOT AN EBOOKWISE ebook reader. You cannot directly download books to
the Rocket Ebook reader. In order to use the Rocket Ebook reader, you will
need to use GEB Librarian software or the REBlibrarian PC software. Both are
available for purchase for a minimal cost ($20-$30).
You will also need a Compact Flash reader/writer device for your PC. These
are available at any computer store for approximately $15-$30.
See http://www.chromakinetics.com/REB1200/move.htm for an overview of the
process used to transfer content to this reader. We will also provide
instructions for device use.
This is a used device. The cover is slightly scratched but the reading screen
is clear and unmarred. The device is in good working order. It will be
shipped to you with the winning books already loaded and will include instructions
for adding new content, a spare rechargeable battery, and a power adapter (to
recharge the unit). This device operates for 5-6 hours on a fully charged
· Runner-up: 6 downloaded books, emailed to you
· 1st place: 5 downloaded ebooks, emailed to you
· 2nd place: 4 downloaded ebooks, emailed to you
· 3rd place: 3 downloaded ebooks, emailed to you
This contest is sponsored by the authors listed here.
It is not sponsored by Ellora's Cave, Cerridwen Press nor affiliated with
These authors will have a tree icon on their web site or blog for you to find
starting on March 1:
J L Wilson
Jean C. Gordon
The following authors are participating in the Secret Word part of the
contest (some authors may be participating in both: tree and word). You will receive
a clue by noon on each day to find out where to find the secret word.
Amy Corwin Jenyfer Matthews Liz Jasper
Frances Stockton Mary Ann Chulik Vicky Burkholder
Sam Cheever N.D. Hansen-Hill Eilis Flynn
Terri Thackston Terry Odell Micqui Miller
Karen McCullough Jude Atkins Sharon Horton
Enjoy the hunt!
<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on